Michael Jordan, Jeffrey Jordan launch Heir start-up on Solana blockchain

Michael Jordan, Jeffrey Jordan launch Heir start-up on Solana blockchain

BUSINESS | DEC 16, 2021 | WOZINGA NEWS

Michael Jordan, Jeffrey Jordan launch Heir start-up on Solana blockchain

  • Jeffrey Jordan is the co-founder of Heir start-up., and Michael Jordan is one of the investors.  

By Marielle Petere Wozinga Staff

Michael Jordan, Jeffrey Jordan join in NFT and Web3

Legendary NBA player Michael Jordan and his son, Jeffrey Jordan, are venturing into non-fungible tokens and Web3. 

The duo revealed on Wednesday their new start-up, called Heir Inc. It aims to link famous athletes and their loyal fans. The Heir platform will roll out in 2022, according to the announcement. 

Jordan: Heir start-up

Jeffrey Jordan is one of Heir Inc.’s co-founders. He was also a former college basketball player in Illinois and Central Florida’s point guard.

Daniel George and Jeron Smiths are the other co-founders of Heir Inc. are. George is the founder of Limitless Creative. Smiths is the former CEO of Stephen Curry’s unanimous media. 

Solana blockchain will power the Heir project, and Solana Ventures is also into the deal. Additionally, the New York-based investment firm Thrive Capital has signed a $10.6 million seed-funding with the Heir start-up.

Based on a report, Michael Jordan is one of the investors. Several investors include Reddit’s co-founder Alexis Ohanian, New York Knicks’ executive vice president William Wesley, and Chicago Bulls guard Lonzo Ball.

Heir App and Token

Heir Inc.’s debut product is the Heir app, allowing athletes to sell digital items as NFTs and connect with their fans. Gen Z and millennial fans are the target market. 

Moreover, the Heir app allows fans to purchase virtual assets, and first-person NFT drops. But, to have access, fans must buy membership-based seats, which are limited, into the athlete’s huddle using Heir Token.

The athletes can also receive an 80% cut from the NFT sales, and the platform will get the remaining 20%. Another report stated that the value would increase over time since the seat is only available to the current holder,

Do you like Jordan's decision of launching Heir?

Created with Perfect Survey

Statistics - View the results

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *