ENTERTAINMENT | Jul 29, 2021 | WOZINGA NEWS
Coca-Cola Auctions its First NFT Collectibles
- Coca-Cola has created its first-ever NFT collectibles to celebrate International Friendship Day on July 30.
- The Friendship Card is a digital reimagining of Coca-Cola’s famous friendship-inspired trading cards from the 1940s.
- The cards are labeled “Symbol of Friendship.”
By Elah Mae Ariate Wozinga Journalist
Coca-Cola has created its first-ever NFT collectibles to celebrate International Friendship Day on July 30. All Coca-Cola proceeds from the four-day auction on digital marketplace OpenSea will go to Special Olympics International, according to the report.
Coca-Cola has long been known for bringing people together to share simple, shared moments of surprise and delight. The brand’s first digital collectibles, inspired by shared moments of friendship. In collaboration with Tafi, the leading creator of custom 3D content for avatar and emoji systems. Also, Virtue, the Vice agency that developed the initial concept.
"Symbol of Friendships" Cards
A play on the popular video game feature involving sealed mystery “boxes”:
- The Friendship Box is a metaverse reimagining of Coca-Cola’s highly collectible 1956 retro vending machines. They decorated the exterior with symbols of friendship. Also, sharing fade upon opening to reveal the vintage vending machine as the first NFT, a play on the loot box.
- Wearable Coca-Cola Bubble Jacket a futuristic jacket illuminated with effervescent fizz and purposefully designed with subtle nods to Coke’s nostalgic delivery uniforms. Metaverse trends and utility-inspired the jacket. Also, it features the Coca-Cola color palette, which combines the metallic red of the aluminum can and also the delicious drink’s caramel brown.
- Using instantly recognizable audio cues, the Sound Visualizer captures the experience of sharing a Coca-Cola. The pop of a bottle opening, the sound of a beverage being poured over ice, the unmistakable fizz, and that first refreshing taste.
- The Friendship Card is a digital reimagining of Coca-Cola’s famous friendship-inspired trading cards from the 1940s. They labeled the cards “Symbol of Friendship.”
Coca-Cola to share its first NFT with Metaverse
In the spirit of loot boxes, when the auction is digitally open. They will reveal additional unique and valuable surprises, and also exclusively to the auction’s winning bidder.
Coca-Cola is one of the world’s most collectible brands. In addition, it has shared its rich heritage with consumers for decades through simple moments of joy,” said Selman Careaga, president, Global Coca-Cola Trademark.
“We want to share our first NFTs with the metaverse, where new friendships will form in novel ways in novel worlds. Also, to support Special Olympics International, our longtime friend and partner. They create each NFT to celebrate elements of the Coca-Cola brand that reinterpreted in novel and exciting ways for a virtual world.”