Wozinga has developed this Privacy Statement to explain how we may collect, retain, process your Personal Data when you visit our Sites or use our Services.
This Privacy Statement applies to your Personal Data when you visit our Sites or use our Services, and does not apply to online websites or services that we do not own or control, including websites or services of other Wozinga Users.
This Privacy Statement is designed to help you obtain information about our privacy practices and to help you understand your privacy choices when you use our Sites and Services. Please note that our Service offerings may vary by region.
Please contact us if you have questions about our privacy practices that are not addressed in this Privacy Statement.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
The primary purpose for collecting your Personal Data is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Registration and use information – When you register to use our services by establishing an account, we will collect Personal Data as necessary to offer and fulfill the Services you request. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and identification information to establish an account. We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Data as you use our Services.
- Participant information – When you use our Services or access our Sites, we collect information you provide us about the transaction.
- Information that you choose to provide us to obtain additional Services or specific online Services – If you request or participate in an optional Site feature, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, we may collect additional information from you. We will provide you with a separate notice at the time of collection, if the use of that information differs from the uses disclosed in this Privacy Statement .
- Information about you from third-party sources – We obtain information from third-party sources such as data providers, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
- Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services – We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
Why Do We Retain Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data to fulfill our legal or regulatory obligations and for our business purposes. We may retain Personal Data for longer periods than required by law if it is in our legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law. If your Account is closed, we may take steps to mask Personal Data and other information, but we reserve our ability to retain and access the data for so long as required to comply with applicable laws. We will continue to use and disclose such Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How Do We Process Personal Data?
We may process your information for the following reasons:
- To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
- confirm your identity;
- authenticate your access to an Account;
- communicate with you about your Account, the Sites, the Services, or Wozinga;
- For verification purposes; and
- keep your Account up to date.
- To manage risk and protect the Sites, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity. Wozinga’s risk and fraud tools use Personal Data, Device Information, Technical Usage Data and Geolocation Information from our sites and websites that offer Wozinga Services to help detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Services.
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- To respond to your requests, for example to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
Do We Share Personal Data?
We may share your Personal Data or other information about you with others in a variety of ways as described in this section of the Privacy Statement.
We may share your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:
With other members of the Wozinga corporate family: We may share your Personal Data with members of the Wozinga family of entities to, among other things, provide the Services you have requested or authorized; to manage risk; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements; and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of Wozinga products, Services, and communications.
With other companies that provide services to us: We may share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, verify your identity.
With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for Wozinga’s business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations;
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirement applicable to Wozinga or Wozinga’s corporate family;
- if we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- to protect the vital interests of a person;
- to investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to any Service;
- to protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- to facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of Wozinga’s business;
- to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services.
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
In addition, Wozinga may provide aggregated statistical data to third-parties, including other businesses and members of the public, about how, when, and why Users visit our Sites and use our Services. This data will not personally identify you or provide information about your use of the Sites or Services. We do not share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes.
What Privacy Choices Are Available To You?
You have choices when it comes to the privacy practices and communications described in this Privacy Statement. Many of your choices may be explained at the time you sign up for or use a Service or in the context of your use of a Site. You may be provided with instructions and prompts within the experiences as you navigate the Services.
- Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect
- Personal Data. You may decline to provide Personal Data when it is requested by Wozinga, but certain Services or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
- Location and other device-level information. The device you use to access the Sites or Services may collect information about you, including Geolocation Information and User usage data that Wozinga may then collect and use. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available in the device.
- Choices Relating to Your Registration and Account Information
- If you have an Account, you generally may review and edit Personal Data by logging in and updating the information directly or by contacting us. Contact us if you do not have an Account or if you have questions about your Account information or other Personal Data.
- Notices, Alerts and Updates from Us:
- Choices Relating to Communication
- Informational and Other: We will send communications to you that are required or necessary to send to Users of our Services, notifications that contain important information and other communications that you request from us. You may not opt out of receiving these communications. However, you may be able to adjust the media and format through which you receive these notices.
- Choices Relating to Communication
How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current.
Changes to This Privacy Statement.
We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our business, the Sites or Services, or applicable laws. The revised Privacy Statement will be effective as of the published effective date.
If the revised version includes a substantial change, we will provide you with 30 days prior notice by posting notice of the change on the “Policy Update” page of our website. We also may notify Users of the change using email or other means.
Transfers of Your Personal Data to Other Countries
Our operations are supported by a network of computers, cloud-based servers, and other infrastructure and information technology, including, but not limited to, third-party service providers. We store and Process your Personal Data in Australia and elsewhere in the world. We will protect your information as described in this Privacy Statement if your Personal Data is transferred to other countries. By using our Sites and Services, you consent to your Personal Data being transferred to other countries, including countries that have different data protection rules than your country. We do not represent that our Sites and Services are appropriate or available in any particular jurisdiction.
You may contact us if you have general questions about our Privacy Statement and practices or questions about your Account information or Personal Data.
Handling your complaints
We aim to:
- Acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 5 business days.
- Resolve all complaints within 45 days. This may not be possible in all circumstances.
Where we cannot resolve a complaint within 45 days, we will notify you of the reason for the delay as well as an indication of when we expect to resolve the complaint.